Young & European
GET ACQUAINTED WITH EUROPEAN VALUES
The ‘Young & European’ project weeks will focus on European citizenship in general and more specifically on the European Union and European decision making procedures
3 schools from 3 different countries within the EU will be invited to stay in Alden Biesen to complete a 5 days’ residential work program. Each school sends max. 12 students accompanied by 2 teachers. Students are 17 to 18 years old, the equivalent of final years of secondary education.
To foster the promotion of European citizenship among young adults, the “Young and
European” project aims to bring pupils of different European countries together. With
many years of experience in organising European project weeks for youngsters and
adults, Alden Biesen forms an ideal setting to allow your students to gain hands-on
experience on how European decision making takes place.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOUR STUDENTS
* Young people getting acquainted with European values: learning from each other’s culture, promoting mutual understanding, tolerance and enhancing respect for different opinions etc.
* Gaining insight into different educational systems and political, economic and social points of views
* Introducing them into the role of the EU: the EU institutions & decision making processes
* Practising important individual and social skills: presenting, debating, listening etc.
* Working in international teams and developing communication skills
Two sessions : October / January
2023 : 22/10/2023 - 27/10/2023
€275/pupil Alden Biesen
Alden Biesen Castle, Kasteelstraat 6, 3740 Bilzen (B)
More info & Contact