English Park

The English Garden looks out on the moated castle and the back of the southern outer bailey. This park was created in 1785-1786. The lawn marks the transition from the moated castle to the surrounding landscape. In the distance, against the now mature woodland, looms the round marlstone temple of Minerva, one of the follies in this landscaped park.